Chicken rolls with sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 x 250g chicken breasts
- 50g baby spinach
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 60g oil-free sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- oil spray
- 600g kumara, peeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 bunch broccolini or 1 head broccoli, steamed
- 2 cups green beans, steamed
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 10g
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Cut each chicken breast horizontally to give 4 thin fillets. With each chicken piece between 2 sheets of baking paper, pound until an even thickness.
- Place chicken fillets on a clean work surface and top each with one-quarter of the spinach. Sprinkle with cheese then place one-quarter of the tomato in the middle of each roll. From the short end, roll each fillet firmly to enclose filling. Secure with toothpicks.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook chicken for 1 minute each side or until golden. Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 15-20 more minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook kumara in a saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain, return to saucepan and mash until smooth. Stir through chives. Thickly slice chicken then serve with mash, broccolini and beans.
Use olive tapenade instead of sun-dried tomatoes.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..