Mushroom and vege pasta
- Spring vege pasta
- 150g risoni or orzo pasta (or other small pasta shapes)
- 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 200g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh mint or fresh parsley
- 2 red capsicums, chargrilled, chopped
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups shelled edamame beans
- 2 cups baby rocket
- 4 large mushrooms, wiped
- oil spray
- 150g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Cook pasta until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add remaining pasta ingredients and toss together.
- Spray mushrooms with oil. Cook on a preheated barbecue or griddle for 4-6 minutes, turning once until soft and juicy. Towards the end of cooking add some soft cheese and allow to melt slightly.
- Serve mushrooms on top of pasta salad and garnish with parsley.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..