Smoked salmon and rocket pasta
- 250g spaghetti pasta
- 250g green beans, trimmed, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 4 cups baby rocket
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 200g smoked salmon, torn
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
- In a large saucepan cook spaghetti following packet directions, adding beans in the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain well, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, lemon zest and chilli. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Add pasta and beans, rocket, lemon juice, olive oil and 1-2 tablespoons pasta cooking liquid to frying pan. Add smoked salmon. Toss to combine and season with pepper. Divide pasta among serving bowls and serve topped with crumbled ricotta.
- Replace salmon with cooked shredded chicken breast.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..