Spicy tofu rice and fried egg
- oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut in thin matchsticks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce or sambal oelek
- 1 cup frozen green baby peas
- 150g green beans, trimmed, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, diced
- 2 cups trimmed bean sprouts
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 250g ginger and honey marinated tofu, sliced
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 4 eggs
- fresh coriander, to garnish
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 8g
- Spray a large wok with oil and place over a high heat. Stir-fry onion and carrot for 2 minutes. Add garlic and sambal and stir-fry for 1 more minute.
- Add peas, beans and capsicum. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until vegetables start to soften. Add bean sprouts and stir-fry for 1 more minute. Add rice and tofu and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in soy sauce.
- Meanwhile, place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry eggs to your liking.
- Divide rice among serving plates, top each with an egg and serve sprinkled with coriander.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce and check tofu and chilli sauce are gluten free.
This dish can be frozen (without egg).
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..