Chocolate chip, cranberry and almond cookies
Time to make: 30 mins
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
Total cost: $ 4.50 / $ 0.30 per serve
(at time of publication)
- 100g reduced-fat spread
- 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons LSA (ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds)
- 1 tablespoon trim milk
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 In a large bowl combine spread, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add egg, flour, LSA and milk. Mix well then fold in remaining ingredients.
2 Shape into a ball and place on a large square of plastic wrap. Roll into a sausage shape and wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
3 Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight if possible. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 180ºC and line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
4 Remove plastic wrap and cut into 15 rounds using a sharp knife. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and leave on baking tray for 5 minutes to cool.
5 Remove carefully and place on a wire rack to cool.
- The cookie dough can be frozen in its log shape. Just defrost before cutting and baking.
- Cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
All rights reserved
Reproduction without permission prohibited
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..