Lamb burgers with hummus
- 150g green beans, trimmed, or 1 bunch asparagus
- 300g baby carrots, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 500g lamb steaks, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 365g loaf Turkish bread, halved horizontally, quartered
- 1/3 cup hummus
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 225g can sliced beetroot, drained
- fresh coriander, to serve
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Addbeans and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes until tender. Set aside.
- Lightly spray lamb with oil and sprinkle with ground cumin. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate to rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut carrots and beans to fit bread. Top Turkish bread with hummus, veges and lamb. Garnish with coriander.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free seasoning and check hummus is gluten free.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..