Mince lettuce cups
- 1 portion Tasty chickpea mix (see tip)
- 1 portion Basic mince mix (see tip)
- 1 portion Basic rice salad mix (see tip)
- 1 1/2 cups diced vegetables (such as carrot, courgette, capsicums)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1 cos lettuce or iceberg lettuce
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1/3 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
- Remove chickpea mix, mince mix and rice salad mix from freezer the night before.
- Place chickpea mix, mince mix and vegetables in a large non- stick pan and heat through until hot. Add a little water if the mix is a little thick for you. Stir in half the mint.
- Break lettuce leaves up to form cups and arrange on serving plates. Spoon in mince. Scatter with cucumber. Drizzle with yoghurt and remaining mint and serve with rice salad drizzled with pre-made dressing.
- Servings : 6
- Ready in : 20 Minutes
- Ingredient : Almonds, Beef, Capsicum, peppers, Carrots, Chickpeas, Coriander, Courgettes, zucchini, Cucumber, Evaporated milk, evaporated soy milk, Garlic - fresh, Ginger - fresh, Lentils, Lettuce, Mince, Mint, Oil, oil spray, Onions, Rice, Spices - dried, ground, seeds, flakes, Spring onions, green onions, Sultanas, Tomato paste, Tomatoes - canned, Tomatoes - fresh, Vinegars, Walnuts, Wine, Yoghurt
Make it gluten free: When making mixes beforehand, check curry powder is gluten free and use gluten-free tomato paste in Basic mince mix; check ground spices in Tasty chickpea mix are gluten-free; and use gluten-free vinaigrette in Basic rice salad mix.
This recipe is part of our Cook once, meals for a week feature… all it takes is one Sunday afternoon cooking session to have dinner sorted for the week ahead!
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..