Kumara vege burgers with avocado salsa
- Burger patties
- oil spray
- 2 cups cooked kumara, mashed
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, steamed
- 1 teaspoon Tuscan seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 wholegrain buns
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves, washed
- 8 slices beetroot (from a can)
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 14g
- In a large bowl combine all burger ingredients except sesame seeds. Mix well and use wet hands to shape 4 patties. Sprinkle with sesame seeds on both sides and place in fridge to chill for 5 minutes.
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix well until combined. Set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray with oil. Fry patties until golden brown on both sides.
- Cut rolls in half and layer with pattie, lettuce, beetroot and top with salsa.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free seasoning, pesto and buns.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..