Pea, ricotta and mushroom risotto
- oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 cups field mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 2 1/2 cups liquid reduced-salt vegetable stock, heated
- 2 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 cups minted peas, defrosted
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
- Spray a heavy-based pan with oil. When hot add onion, garlic and mushrooms and fry for 2 minutes. Add rice and stir for 1 minute.
- Combine stock and water then add 1/2 cup this stock mix to rice and stir until absorbed. Repeat for 15-20 minutes until all but 1/3 cup stock mix is used. Add peas, tarragon, parmesan and remainder of stock mix. Stir for 2-3 minutes until peas are cooked through.
- Stir through ricotta and serve immediately.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..