Spiced apple and date cup pudding
- 2 1/2 tablespoons self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons oat bran
- 1 date, chopped
- 1/4 green apple, peeled, cored, grated
- 1 teaspoon castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons trim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon reduced-fat spread, melted
- icing sugar, to dust
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
- Sift flour and spices into a small bowl. Stir oat bran, date, apple and sugar through flour mixture.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk milk, egg and spread. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a fork until mixture just combines. Be careful not to overmix or cooked pudding will be tough.
- Spoon mixture into a mug and transfer to microwave. Cook on high for 70-90 seconds or until pudding rises and top just sets. Don’t overcook.
- Dust pudding with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..