Chocolate Christmas pudding truffles
- 500g dark fruit cake or Christmas cake (we used Ernest Adams Rich Fruit Christmas cake)
- 200g dark chocolate, broken up
- 50g white chocolate, broken up
- 1-3 red glacé cherries, cut in 20 pieces
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 1g
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper or plastic wrap.
- Place cake in a food processor bowl and pulse until it makes rough crumbs. Or crumble cake with your fingers and hash with a fork.
- Roll mixture into 20 small balls.
- Place dark chocolate in a small, shallow microwave-safe bowl and microwave on low for 1 minute. Remove jug from microwave and stir chocolate with a dry fork. Repeat in 1-minute intervals until chocolate is melted.
- Use a fork to dip one of the mini-pudding balls into melted chocolate and turn to coat. Place truffle on prepared baking tray. Repeat process with remaining balls. Place tray in fridge for 10 minutes or until truffles set.
- Place white chocolate in a small dry microwave-safe bowl and microwave on low for 1 minute. Remove jug from microwave and stir chocolate with a dry fork. Repeat in one-minute intervals until chocolate is melted.
- Spoon melted white chocolate onto the top of truffles. Press a piece of cherry lightly into chocolate.
- Set truffles aside or return to fridge until set then serve.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..