- 1 large carrot
- 1 cherry tomato
- 2 pitted black olives
- 1 radish
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- ground paprika (optional)
- Form hummus into a deer’s head shape.
- Peel carrot and slice in half lengthways. Cut to create the largest flat surface area then cut an antler from each carrot half. Place upright in hummus near top of deer head.
- Take cherry tomato and press down on the narrow end of the face to form a nose.
- To make the rest of the face, use 2 olive slices for the outline of the eyes, fill with 2 slices white radish (irises) and add olive circles for the pupils.
- Use parsley to garnish plate and sprinkle a little paprika (if using) over plate.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Buy a firm variety of hummus or if fairly runny, add 1 tablespoon flour.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..