Piri piri chicken pizza
- 2 x 22cm precooked Cauliflower pizza bases
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus extra, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 300g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- oil spray
- 1/2 eggplant (200g), diced
- 1/4 cup no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 3/4 cup store-bought roasted red capsicum, drained, sliced
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Combine lemon zest, lemon juice and paprika in a medium-sized shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add chicken fillets to dish and turn to coat. Cover dish with plastic wrap and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add eggplant and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden. Remove eggplant from pan and set aside.
- Drain chicken of excess marinade. Return frying pan to a medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add chicken and cook each side for 1-2 minutes or until golden. Chop chicken roughly in pieces.
- Spread cauliflower crusts with an even layer of tomato paste. Top crusts with chopped chicken, reserved eggplant, baby spinach and capsicum then scatter with mozzarella.
- Place pizzas in oven and cook for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and golden.
- Cut pizzas in slices, garnish with extra lemon zest and parsley then serve.
Make it gluten free: Check paprika is gluten free.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..