Quick vege omelette
- 2 red capsicums, sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat cheese
- 4 slices wholegrain sourdough, toasted, to serve
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 4g
- Place capsicums, spring onions, mushrooms and baby spinach in a microwave-safe dish that has a lid. Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cut a large circle of baking paper to line the base of a 30cm frying pan. Set pan over a medium heat. Whisk half of the eggs and half of the curry powder with 2 tablespoons of water in a medium-sized bowl until well combined. Pour egg mixture over paper into centre of pan, tilting pan carefully so egg mixture spreads to the edge. Cook for 5 minutes or until egg is almost set.
- Distribute half of the vegetables evenly over one half of the egg mixture. Scatter half the cheese over vegetables. Once egg mixture has set, flip filling-free egg side over vegetables to form a semicircle omelette. Cook for 2-3 more minutes or until cheese melts.
- Slide omelette out of pan and carefully peel off baking paper; discard paper. Place omelette on a plate. Make second omelette with remaining ingredients.
- Cut each omelette in half and serve with wholegrain sourdough toast.
Make it gluten free: Check curry powder is gluten free and use gluten-free bread.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..