- cocktail sticks
- 4 firm strawberries (1 smaller for the head)
- low-fat thick yoghurt or low-fat cream cheese (eg. Philadelphia)
- 4 small blueberries
- 1 dried apricot
- 2 raisins
- desiccated coconut, to garnish
Total fat 0g
Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 0g
- Slice the bottom and the top from a large strawberry (body) to make 2 flat surfaces. Place on a serving plate.
- Cut the top and bottom from the smaller strawberry (head) to make two flat surfaces. Balance on top of large strawberry.
- Use a spatula to cover balanced strawberries with yoghurt or cream cheese.
- To make hat, cut a thin slice off strawberry number 3 for the base of hat and use the remainder for the top of hat. Place on top of the ‘head’.
- Freeze for about 10 minutes to thicken the working surface to make it easier for decorations to stick.
- To make face, use a small piece of apricot as a nose and sliced blueberries for eyes and mouth.
- To dress snowman, cut remaining blueberries in half to form buttons. Use dried apricot slices for a scarf.
- Use cocktail sticks as arms and poke small pieces of raisin at ends for hands. For decoration, add desiccated coconut ‘snow’ around the base.
- Do not use soft very ripe strawberries as they will not hold their shape and the juice will seep through the yoghurt.
- Eat within 15 minutes of making.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..