- oil spray
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 red capsicums, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels, drained
- 400g skinless, boneless chicken thighs, excess fat removed, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime and chilli seasoning
- 420g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 4 flat corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 fresh lime, quartered
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 12g
1 Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray with oil. Add onion, capsicums and corn and stir-fry until softened. Add chicken pieces and seasoning and fry until chicken is cooked through.
2 In a small bowl combine kidney beans and yoghurt and mash with the back of a fork until blended but still chunky.
3 Heat a flat frying pan and when hot, dry-fry tortillas until toasted on both sides.
4 Serve each tostada topped with kidney bean mix, chicken and avocado. Serve with lime wedges on the side and garnish with coriander if you prefer.
Make it vegetarian: Replace chicken with Quorn pieces.
Make it gluten free: Check seasoning and tortillas are gluten free.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..