Chinese barbecued pork with stir-fried greens
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 500g pork fillet, trimmed
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed, cut in long florets
- 300g snow peas, trimmed
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place a wire rack over prepared tray. Combine tomato paste, half the soy sauce, honey and one-third of the garlic in a shallow bowl. Add pork and stir to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Place pork on prepared rack. Roast for 6-8 minutes then turn. Baste with any remaining marinade and roast for 8 more minutes or until pork is golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat wok over a high heat and spray with oil. Add remaining garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add broccolini and 2 tablespoons water. Stir-fry for 1 minute then add snow peas and capsicum. Stir-fry for 2-3 more minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Drizzle over remaining soy sauce.
- Slice pork thickly and serve with stir-fried vegetables and rice.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free tomato paste and soy sauce.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..