- oil spray
- 80g reduced-fat spread, melted
- 1/2 cup packed soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup trim milk
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped
- 150g frozen mixed berries
- 2 teaspoons (total) icing sugar and/or drinking-chocolate powder, to dust
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Coat a 20cm-square cake tin with a light spray of oil then line tin with baking paper.
- Beat spread and sugar with a wooden spoon. Add eggs and beat to combine. Fold milk, banana, cocoa and flours into egg mixture until just combined. Fold chocolate and berries into brownie mixture.
- Spoon mixture into tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm to the touch. Leave cooked mixture to stand in tin for 10 minutes. Slice in 16 squares. Dust brownies with icing sugar and/or chocolate powder.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flours and check cocoa powder, chocolate, icing sugar and drinking chocolate are gluten free.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..