Lamb couscous meatball wraps
- 300g lamb mince
- 1/3 cup instant couscous
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon Moroccan seasoning
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 4 wholegrain wraps
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 11g
- Place mince in a bowl with couscous, lemon zest and Moroccan seasoning. Mix well and shape in 20 balls. Heat a pan with oil spray until hot. Cook meatballs for 3-4 minutes or until evenly browned.
- Purée half the chickpeas with lemon juice and 1 tablespoon oil or water until chunky. Warm the wraps.
- Place one-quarter of chunky chickpea hummus on each wrap and spread out. Add some spinach, tomatoes and meatballs with remaining chickpeas. Wrap up and secure with a cocktail stick or serve folded with remaining spinach and tomatoes. Add a spoonful of yoghurt if you prefer.
Make it gluten free: Use brown rice instead of couscous and use gluten-free tortillas. Check seasoning is gluten free.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..