Roasted tomato and avocado salad
- 2 x 250g punnets cherry tomatoes
- oil spray
- 3 cloves garlic
- 75g (2 cups) baby spinach
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, chopped
- 3 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 small avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a large roasting pan with baking paper then place tomatoes in pan and spray with oil. Wrap garlic in tinfoil and place in the pan. Roast for 1 hour or until tomatoes soften and skins start to split. Set tomatoes and garlic aside for 1 hour to cool.
- Place tomatoes, spinach, cucumbers and spring onions in a bowl. Remove garlic from tinfoil. Squeeze roasted garlic into salad, discarding skin. Toss gently to combine.
- Add avocado to salad and toss gently. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve. Serving suggestion Serve salad with lamb and jacket potatoes.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..