Tuna deep-pan pizza
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat cheese
- 185g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 3 cups spinach, to serve
- 4-5 tablespoons balsamic dressing (3 parts balsamic:1 part olive oil)
Total fat 24g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 6g
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Mix flour and oil together with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2-1 cup water to make a sticky dough. Place in a lightly greased 24cm-round pan and work around the base to cover. Or divide dough in 4 to make small pizzas.
- Spoon tomatoes over dough to cover base. Sprinkle over half the cheese. Top with tuna and all vegetables except spinach. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until pizza is cooked and just risen.
- Serve pizza (with basil garnish if you prefer), with spinach tossed in balsamic dressing.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..