Zingy lemon sticks
- 6 x 75ml ice-block moulds
- 6 ice-block sticks
- 3 large lemons, zest and juice
- 50g castor sugar
- 100ml water
- 400ml chilled water
- Place lemon zest and juice, sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Set aside to cool.
- Strain mixture into a measuring jug. Top up to 400ml with chilled water. Pour mixture into moulds and freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove ice blocks from freezer. Gently push a stick into each and freeze for 2-3 more hours or until solid.
You can freeze these ice blocks for up to three months.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..