Couscous chilli con carne
- 4 cups Tomato, capsicum and kidney bean braise
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yoghurt
- chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
- Place braise in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat and cook until heated through. Or, heat in microwave for 1-2 minutes. Set aside to serve.
- Place couscous in a large bowl. Pour over 1 cup boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes then use a fork to fluff.
- Divide couscous and braise among serving bowls. Sprinkle with jalapeños, add a dollop of yoghurt then top with coriander. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check braise spices and yoghurt are gluten free, and use quinoa instead of couscous.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..