Feijoa and apple crumble
- 6 feijoas, flesh cut in chunks (240g flesh)
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, cut in chunks
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Crumble topping
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut threads
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
- Preheat oven to 180.C. Mix fruit with ginger and 1/2 cup water. Place in an ovenproof dish.
- To make topping, use fingers to combine crumble ingredients. Sprinkle topping over fruit. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until fruit is bubbling and topping is golden. Serve with low-fat yoghurt if you prefer.
You can use all apples or a mix of apples and pears instead of feijoas.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..