Kidney bean tacos
- 3 cups Tomato, capsicum and kidney bean braise
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 lime, juice
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- chopped fresh parsley, to serve
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Place braise and corn in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat and cook until heated through. Or heat in a microwave for 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine avocado, cucumber and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Divide kidney bean and corn mixture among tacos. Top with avocado salsa. Sprinkle spring onions over each. Add a dollop of sour cream, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Make it gluten free: Check braise spices are gluten free, and use gluten-free taco shells.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..