Moroccan mince bake
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 red or green capsicum, diced
- 400g lean beef mince
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- 170g (1 cup) Israeli couscous
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 200g (3 cups sliced) mushrooms, sliced
- 100g spinach
- 400g can light evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoon freshly shaven parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
- Preheat oven to 180.C. Lightly grease a large ovenproof dish. Add carrots, onion and capsicum and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile brown mince. Add seasoning. Prepare couscous following packet directions using just 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add couscous and mince to dish with remaining vegetables and milk. Toss lightly.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and bake for 20 minutes.
Make it vegetarian: Use Quorn mince instead of lean beef
Make it gluten free: Use quinoa or rice instead of couscous, and check seasoning is gluten free.
- This recipe is best made in a large, shallow ovenproof dish to ensure even cooking.
- It can be prepared in advance, chilled and cooked later. Allow the dish to reach room temperature before baking.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..