Mum’s fish parcels
- 2 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 x 125g fresh fish fillets such as hake or tarakihi
- 4 fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup trim milk
- 4 corn cobs
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
- Preheat oven to 200.C (or 180.C fan-forced). Cut potatoes and carrots in very thin slices (you can use a vegetable peeler to create long thin slices).
- Cut 4 tinfoil squares, about 15cm x 15cm. Arrange potato and carrot slices on each square. Sprinkle with oregano. Arrange fish fillets on top. Cover with 1 spinach leaf.
- To make each fish parcel, raise the four corners of tinfoil square, pour in 1/4 cup milk then twist corners to seal. Bake for 35 minutes. Serve with corn or a salad if you prefer.
- Kale is a good substitute for spinach.
- Experiment with kumara slices instead of potato.
- For a creamier dish, use light coconut cream.
- To reduce the oven time to 15 minutes, pre-cook potato and carrot slices in the microwave for 5 minutes on high.
- Fresh salmon works beautifully in this recipe but it’s more expensive.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..