Open fish burgers with pesto slaw
- 4 crumbed frozen fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 4 cups slaw (sliced cabbage and grated carrot)
- 1 lemon, zest, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixed with 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yoghurt
- 4 long wholegrain bread rolls
- 200g lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
Total fat 20g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Preheat oven and bake fish fillets following packet directions.
- Combine basil pesto and yoghurt and mix well. Stir through the slaw.
- Lightly toast rolls. In a bowl and add lemon zest to mayonnaise/yoghurt mix. Stir to combine. To assemble burgers, spread mayo mixture on each bun half, add lettuce, tomato and warm fish fillets. Garnish with fresh basil and lemon wedges if you prefer. Serve with pesto slaw.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..