Pesto salmon potato bake
- 600g potatoes, mashed with trim milk
- 3 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 x 100g salmon fillets
- 4 teaspoons pesto
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons wholemeal breadcrumbs
- oil spray
Total fat 32g
Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 5g
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a large ovenproof dish. Stir half the spinach into the mash. Spoon into the base of prepared dish.
- Top mash with remaining spinach and onion and tomato slices. Scatter over thyme. Season with pepper.
- Top with salmon fillets spread with pesto. Sprinkle with pine nuts and breadcrumbs. Spray with oil and bake for 25-30 minutes or until fish is cooked.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- This recipe is best made in a large, shallow ovenproof dish to ensure even cooking.
- It can be prepared in advance, chilled and cooked later. Allow the dish to reach room temperature before baking.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..