Spinach and ricotta cannelloni
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 3 rolls (125g) thawed spinach
- 4 small mushrooms, finely chopped in a food processor
- 1 tablespoon diced peppadew peppers (optional)
- 100g extra-light ricotta cheese
- 1 small egg
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- pinch of dried mixed herbs
- 3 dried cannelloni tubes
- 1/2 cup passata
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 cup rocket
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Preheat oven to 180.C. Lightly spray a small ovenproof dish with oil. Drain spinach then place in a bowl with mushrooms, peppers (if using), ricotta, egg, nutmeg and herbs. Season and mix well.
2 Use a small spoon to fill cannelloni tubes with spinach mixture. Mix half the passata with 1/4 cup hot water and place in prepared ovenproof dish. Add cannelloni tubes then spoon any remaining spinach mix around cannelloni.
3 Mix remaining passata with 1/4 cup hot water and spoon over cannelloni. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly golden. Sprinkle with fresh basil. Serve with fresh rocket on the side, adding halved cherry tomatoes if you prefer.
Instead of cannelloni tubes use large pasta shells.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..