Tomato, capsicum and kidney bean braise
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 medium-sized red capsicums, diced
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
Total fat 2g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until browned. Add garlic, capsicums, chilli (if using) and spices. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add kidney beans, stir to combine and remove from heat.
Make it gluten free: Check spices are gluten free.
Use this base recipe to make these delicious meals!
This braise freezes well and can be refrigerated for up to 6 days.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..