Lemon and sultana slice
- 6 Weet-Bix, crushed
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 cup sultanas, roughly chopped
- 125g reduced-fat spread, melted
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 2g
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line an 18cm x 28cm slice tin with 1 sheet of baking paper, leaving a 2cm overhang at long sides.
- Place crushed Weet-Bix, flour, coconut, sugar, sultanas and spread in a large bowl with 1/4 cup water. Stir to combine. Press slice mixture evenly into prepared tin.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until light golden. Remove slice from oven. Leave to cool completely.
- Mix icing sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl until icing reaches drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle cooled slice with icing and sprinkle with lemon zest. Cut slice in 15 squares.
Instead of lemon juice and zest, use the zest and juice of a lime or orange.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..