Low-FODMAP savoury vegetable frittata
- 750g pumpkin flesh, chopped in small pieces
- oil spray
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic-infused oil
- 1/2 cup diced capsicum
- 1 bunch spring onion greens, sliced
- 1 large courgette, grated
- 1 cup fresh or frozen spinach
- generous 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil, plus extra, to garnish (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 60ml lactose-free milk
- 3/4 cup grated fresh reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- pepper, to season
- 80g feta cheese, crumbled
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 5g
- Preheat oven to 250°C. Spray pumpkin pieces with oil then roast for 20 minutes. While pumpkin is roasting, heat infused oil in a frying pan and add capsicum, spring onion greens, courgette and spinach, cooking gently until tender. Add basil to vegetables as they cook. Once tender-crisp, remove pan from heat and allow vegetables to cool a little.
- Line a Swiss-roll pan or slice tin with non-stick baking paper. Spread cooked pumpkin on tray. Whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk and cheddar then season with pepper. Reduce oven temperature to 220°C.
- Add cooled vegetables to egg mixture then pour over pumpkin in pan. Scatter feta on top and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Serve garnished with extra fresh basil (if using).
This recipe is suitable for people on a low-FODMAP diet, based on Monash University published tolerance levels as at October 2014.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..