- 400g can four-bean mix (we used Wattie’s in spring water)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sweet paprika
- 2 avocados
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 yellow or red capsicum
- 4 spring onions
- 4 wholegrain tortillas
- 4 large lettuce leaves
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 16g
- Empty canned beans into a blender. Add paprika and blend. Set aside.
- Mash avocados with a fork then mix in oregano. Wash cucumber and cut lengthwise in 4 long pieces. Wash capsicum and cut in strips. Wash spring onions and remove the roots.
- Spread each tortilla with the avocado mixture. Cover with a lettuce leaf. Spread the lettuce with bean mixture. Arrange cucumber piece along the diagonal. Add capsicum strips. Add spring onion.
- Roll up each tortilla tightly, refrigerate for 2 hours then cut in 2cm pieces.
- You can also use wraps or Lebanese bread but not pita bread as it is too thick.
- Added fresh parsley sprigs taste incredible in this recipe.
- Go crazy and use 2 capsicums: a yellow and a red one. This increases the vege count and adds more colour.
- If it’s not avocado season, you can replace it with another can of beans or a low-fat cream cheese spread.
Make sure the tortilla is thin, soft and bendable.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..