Sesame prawn skewers with borlotti bean and snow pea salad
- 12 small wooden skewers
- 500g peeled, prawns
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 250g snow peas, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, trimmed
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 400g can borlotti or kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon lightly toasted sesame seeds
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 7g
- Soak skewers in cold water for 20 minutes. Place prawns, olive oil and chilli flakes (if using) in a medium bowl; toss to coat. Thread prawns onto skewers and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Immerse snow peas in boiling water to blanch until just tender. Refresh in cold water, drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
- Use a vegetable peeler to cut long ribbons from cucumbers and carrot, stopping at cucumber seeds. Add cucumber, carrot and beans to snow pea bowl to make salad. Whisk soy sauce, mirin and sesame oil in a small bowl; add to salad and lightly toss.
- Preheat a grill pan or barbecue hotplate to high. Grill reserved prawn skewers for 2 minutes per side, or until lightly charred and just cooked through.
- Sprinkle skewers with sesame seeds and serve with salad.
Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free soy sauce.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..