Gluten-free chia and walnut slice
- 150g Ceres Gluten Free Muesli Super Grain Fruit Mix
- 3/4 cup (100g) walnut halves or pieces
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoons black chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 400g pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
- Base-line a 24cm round or square cake tin with baking paper. Place muesli, walnuts, coconut, chia seeds, cinnamon, cocoa and vanilla in a processor and process until smooth.
- Start adding dates one-third at a time, processing in between until the mixture begins to come together. Add 1/4 cup water for mixture to form a soft ball.
- Press mixture into prepared tin and level surface using the back of a spoon. Sprinkle with remaining coconut threads. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 1/2 hours before slicing.
This slice freezes well. Simply remove from freezer 2 hours before serving.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..