Microwaved potato chips
- 2 potatoes, scrubbed
- sprinkling of spices (optional)
Dietary fibre 1g
- To slice potatoes very thinly, cut in half then slice on a mandolin or use a sharp knife (be careful!).
- Store slices in cold water then rinse until water is clear. Dry slices with a paper towel.
- Arrange as many slices as you can in a single layer on a plate with paper towels underneath. Make sure slices do not touch as they will stick together if they do. If you wish you can sprinkle with a little spice. Or you can place slices in a microwave chip maker.
- Microwave slices at 100% for 3 minutes. If using a plate, turn them over, taking care, as they will be hot.
- Microwave at 50% for another 3 minutes. Remove any chips starting to crisp and brown. Continue cooking the remaining chips at 50% power in 1 minute intervals until crispy and golden.
Make it gluten free: If using ground spices, check they are gluten free.
Cook Dad this delicious crunchy snack, or make him a yummy chicken dinner for Father’s Day! Remember to add some colourful veges, too!
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..