Chicken chickpea salad
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch black pepper
- 1 carrot, peeled in ribbons or julienned
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup green beans, blanched
- 3/4 cup cooked chickpeas (if canned — drained, rinsed)
- 3/4 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup rocket
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 16g
- Combine dressing ingredients and mix well. Place dressing at the bottom of a 750ml-900ml jar.
- Layer ingredients in jar in the order listed. Screw lid on tightly.
- To eat, tip salad into a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Make it low FODMAP: Use a maximum of 1/2 cup canned chickpeas.
- Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free.
Did you know? You can buy Healthy Food Guide recipes at Columbus Coffee and sometimes they have this delicious salad available in their cafés.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..