Indian-style spiced kumara salad
- 700g kumara, unpeeled, rinsed, chopped in rough chunks
- 2 tablespoons medium-heat curry powder
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 x 420g can no-added-salt lentils, drained
- 3 cups cos lettuce, roughly chopped
- 100g feta cheese, diced or roughly crumbled
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds, lightly ground with mortar and pestle
Total fat 28g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 10g
- Heat oven to 200°C. Line an ovenproof dish with non-stick paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine kumara, curry powder and oil. Mix well so kumara is covered in oil mixture. Roast in dish for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a large salad bowl combine remaining ingredients, including warmed kumara and any remaining oils. Mix lightly and serve drizzled with your favourite olive oil if you prefer.
Make it gluten free: Check spices are gluten free.
Did you know? You can buy Healthy Food Guide recipes at Columbus Coffee and sometimes they have this delicious salad available in their cafés.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..