Moroccan chicken with chickpea dip and grilled carrot salad
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas in spring water, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 12 (about 500g raw weight) chicken tenderloins
- 3 small carrots, peeled in ribbons
- 300g green beans, halved lengthways
- 2 cups baby rocket
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 13g
- Place chickpeas, 1/3 cup of the lemon juice and garlic in a food processor. Blend until mixture is almost smooth. Gradually add ¼ cup water until dip is smooth.
- Sprinkle seasoning on both sides of chicken. Spray a large grill pan with oil and set over a high heat. Grill chicken, adding carrots for last 2 minutes, for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through and carrot is tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to the boil. Cook beans for 1 minute or until just tender. Refresh beans in cold water then drain.
- Place carrots, beans and rocket in a large bowl. Add remaining lemon juice and toss lightly.
- Serve chicken with grilled carrot salad and chickpea dip.
Make it gluten free: Check seasoning is gluten free.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..