Prawn and pumpkin pizzas
- 2 x 150g pizza bases
- 450g peeled, thinly sliced pumpkin
- 3 medium-sized onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 12 medium-sized king prawns, peeled, de-veined
- 1/3 cup low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved, thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby mesclun salad greens
- 4 tablespoons vinaigrette (made with 2 parts balsamic vinegar and 1 part olive oil)
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Preheat oven to 240°C. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper. Place pizza bases on 2 of the prepared baking trays.
- Place pumpkin slices, in a single layer, on remaining tray. Spray pumpkin with oil and bake for 15-20 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, set a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and spray with oil. Cook onions, stirring, for 10-15 minutes or until golden and caramelised.
- Spread tomato paste on pizza bases then top with roasted pumpkin, onions and prawns. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until prawns are pink and cooked through.
- Combine yoghurt and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Drizzle pizzas with yoghurt mixture then scatter with half of the coriander.
- Place cucumbers, salad greens and remaining coriander in a medium-sized salad bowl. Toss lightly. Serve pizza slices with salad.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pizza bases or flatbread. Check tomato paste and Greek-style yoghurt are gluten free.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..