Spicy fish fillets with capsicum, bean and tomato salsa
- 350g mini capsicums or 3 standard capsicums
- 4 x 150g fish fillets, trimmed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Mexican seasoning
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 400g small tomatoes, quartered
- 400g can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 slices ciabatta bread
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Set a medium-sized grill pan over a high heat. Cook capsicums for 5-7 minutes or until charred and tender. Chop roughly and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of fish with Mexican seasoning. Spray a medium-sized grill pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Cook each side of fish for 2-3 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, to make salsa, add remaining ingredients to capsicum bowl and toss lightly. Top salsa with fish and serve with toasted ciabatta.
- Use a can of no-added-salt kidney beans instead of canned black beans.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pizza bases and check tomato paste and yoghurt are gluten free.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..