- 8 large flat mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 420g can no-added-salt chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 cups spinach, trimmed, leaves shredded
- 2 cups mixed baby salad greens
- 200g roasted red capsicums, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic dressing (made with 2 parts balsamic vinegar to 1 part olive oil)
- 4 tablespoons baba ganoush
- 4 thick slices rye bread
Total fat 21g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Preheat grill to high. Line a baking tray with tinfoil. Place mushrooms stem-side down on prepared tray and spray with oil. Grill for 8 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine bread-crumbs, parmesan, parsley and thyme with half of the oil. Turn mushrooms stem-side up and sprinkle with thyme mixture. Grill for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan set over a high heat. Add chickpeas and paprika and cook for 2 minutes or until warmed through. Add spinach and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until wilted. Transfer vegetable mixture to a large serving bowl.
- Place salad leaves and roasted capsicum in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve tapas with salad, baba ganoush and rye bread.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and bread. Check baba ganoush is gluten free.
Find baba ganoush — a thick eggplant dip — in the delicatessen products aisle.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..