Finlay and Zoe’s chocolate courgette muffins
(Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 15 mins)
- 50g reduced-fat spread
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup trim milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup grated courgette
Total fat 2g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease a 24-hole mini muffin tray or place mini-muffin paper cases in tray holes.
- Beat spread and sugar together until creamy. Add egg. Beat again.
- Add remaining ingredients and gently mix to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tray holes or paper cases. Bake until firm and well risen.
- When courgettes aren’t in season, use 1 cup grated carrot instead.
- For a plain vege muffin option, leave out cocoa.
These muffins are best eaten hot but they are just as good cold.
Vegetables are sweet!
Courgettes aren’t the only vegetable that add great texture and taste to sweet treats. Try these Healthy Food Guide recipes!
Pumpkin muffins... try adding a few sultanas or walnuts to your muffin mixture. YUM!
And don’t forget our winning cauliflower pizza base recipe, too!
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..