Tandoori chicken with cauliflower rice
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut in florets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 8 (about 500g) chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 handful fresh coriander, stems finely sliced and leaves, to serve
- 2 teaspoons garam masala or curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Toss cauliflower florets with oil in a large bowl. Place florets on prepared tray in a single layer and transfer to oven. Roast cauliflower, turning once, for 30-35 minutes or until florets are tender and edges turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cook rice following packet directions. Add peas to saucepan for last 30 seconds of rice cooking time then remove pan from heat. Drain rice and peas. Set aside.
- Combine chicken, yoghurt, ginger, coriander stems, garam masala and turmeric in a large bowl. Place bowl in fridge and leave to marinate for 15 minutes to 1 hour, if time permits.
- Spray barbecue with oil and increase heat to high. Remove marinated chicken from fridge and grill each side for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and place in a large bowl with reserved cooked rice and peas. Stir lemon zest and lemon juice through cauliflower mixture.
- Arrange cauliflower rice on a serving platter, top with chicken then serve scattered with currants, almonds and coriander leaves.
Make it gluten free: Check yoghurt and spices are gluten free.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..