Chicken and roast vege pasta
- 1 carrot, cut in chunks
- 1 cup pumpkin, cut in chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into 8
- oil spray
- 160g pasta shapes (we used spirals)
- 250g chicken breast, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 can cherry tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups silver beet or spinach
- 20g parmesan, grated
- ground black pepper, to taste
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 10g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place carrots, pumpkin and onion in a baking dish and spray with oil. Roast for 30 minutes, or until soft and golden.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside, saving 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Heat a pan over a medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add chicken and stir-fry until browned and just cooked through.
- Remove vegetables from the oven. Add pasta to baking dish, with cherry tomatoes and baby kale. Mix gently to combine, adding pasta water to bring everything together.
- Serve pasta garnished with parmesan and pepper.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..