- oil spray
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled, sliced
- 500g lean chicken mince
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Tuscan seasoning
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup diced courgettes
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 150g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 150g low-fat plain yoghurt
- 75g parmesan cheese
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
- Lightly spray a large ovenproof dish with oil. Preheat oven to 190°C. Cook potatoes for 10 minutes in boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick pan with oil and cook mince with garlic and onion for 4-5 minutes or until evenly browned. Add sun-dried tomatoes and Tuscan seasoning with tomatoes, 1 1/2 cups water, courgettes and mushrooms. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix ricotta with yoghurt and parmesan.
- Layer mince in dish with eggplant and potatoes to have 3 layers, finishing with eggplant and potato. Spread over cheese mix and sprinkle with nutmeg. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 75 Minutes
- Ingredient : Cheese, Chicken, Courgettes, zucchini, Eggplant, aubergine, Garlic - fresh, Mince, Mushrooms, Oil, oil spray, Onions, Parmesan cheese, Parsley, Potatoes, Ricotta cheese, Seasoning mix, seasoning paste, spice mix, Spices - dried, ground, seeds, flakes, Tomatoes - canned, Tomatoes - sun-dried, Yoghurt
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free Tuscan seasoning and check yoghurt and ground nutmeg are gluten free.
This recipe freezes well.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..