Five-spice chicken and vege stir-fry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 400g fresh (or frozen) stir-fry vegetable mix
- 1 bunch bok choy, stems and leaves separated, chopped
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 long fresh red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 x 250g packets microwave brown rice, to serve
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 6g
- Heat olive oil in a large wok or deep non-stick frying pan set over high heat. Sprinkle chicken with spice and, adding to wok (or pan) in batches, stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until almost cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add vegetable mix and bok choy stems to wok with ¼ cup water. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes, or until veges are tender and water has evaporated.
- Return reserved chicken to wok with bok choy leaves, oyster sauce and half the chilli (add an extra 1/4 cup water to thin sauce, if necessary). Stir-fry mixture for 2 minutes or until chicken is cooked and veges are heated through.
- Meanwhile, microwave rice according to packet instructions and divide among 4 bowls. Top rice with chicken stir-fry, garnish with remaining chilli and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check five-spice and oyster sauce are gluten free.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..