Greek-style chicken with risoni salad
- 1 cup risoni
- 4 x 125g chicken breast fillets
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 courgettes, thinly sliced
- 120g baby spinach
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
- Cook risoni in a large saucepan according to packet instructions until tender. Drain and refresh in cold water. Drain pasta again and transfer to a large salad bowl.
- Meanwhile, slice each chicken breast horizontally through centre to make 2 thin fillets and place in a large bowl. Add garlic, oregano, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and half the olive oil to bowl. Toss to coat.
- Spray a large chargrill pan with olive oil and set over high heat. Add courgettes and cook for 1-2 minutes per side or until tender and charred. Transfer to pasta bowl.
- Cook chicken in same pan for 2 minutes per side or until browned and cooked through. Add spinach and tomatoes to pasta salad bowl with remaining lemon juice and olive oil. Toss.
- Cut chicken into slices. Divide risoni salad among 4 plates, top with chicken and serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..