Pasta and meatballs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400g store bought extra-lean beef meatballs (we used Al Brown’s prime angus meatballs)
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 250g fresh fettuccine (or 300g dried)
- 4 cups spinach or cavolo nero, trimmed, shredded
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 5g
- Set a deep non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and heat oil. Add meatballs and capsicum to pan and cook, stirring gently, for 5 minutes, or until meatballs are brown and capsicum is tender.
- Add tomatoes to frying pan with 1/3 cup water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine in a large saucepan according to packet instructions, adding spinach or cavolo nero to saucepan for last minute of pasta cooking time. Drain pasta and return to pan with meatballs and sauce and toss lightly.
- Divide pasta and meatballs among 4 bowls, scatter with basil and parmesan and serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and check meatballs are gluten free.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..